Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Carving and Painting

Yesterday (Sunday), Jody and I took the kids down to my friend Ashley's house in Burleson.  She has an annual pumpkin-carving/chili day right before Halloween.  She'll make a huge pot of chili, and we all carve pumpkins (well, the kids paint them because little fingers and sharp tools don't mix very well).  

We had a great time!  Gage ended up taking a nap in Ashley's son's bed after we'd been there for only a little while because he was very grumpy and tired.  So unfortunately, he did not get to take part in the pumpkin festivities.  Zane had a blast, though!  His pumpkin, as you will see, turned out to be very interesting, to say the least!  I ended up carving Gage's pumpkins with a cat on it.  I think it turned out pretty good!

Zane is very excited about Halloween coming up, too.  He is going to be Mr. Incredible from the movie The Incredibles, and when he tried on his costume the other day, he got VERY into it!  He was running all around saying that he was super-fast, and he would get down on his back under the coffee table and lift it with his legs.  It was so funny!  We are going to dress Gage up like a little devil- being the little devil that he is- haha!  It's a very cute costume, complete with a hood with horns, a tail, bat wings, and a little heart that glows.  It's so adorable, and I can't wait to see how he does in it!  I will definitely be posting pictures after Halloween!  

Here is Gage and Jody in Ashley's front yard .


Gage liked the big inflatable pumpkins...


... but he wasn't too sure about sitting up on the hay with the real pumpkins!


And of course, Zane will pose for me any time!


Yep, he's my little cutie!


My little Punkin painting his pumpkin!


Zane's masterpiece- his pumpkin is art-deco.  : )


The pumpkin I did for Gage...


My little super-hero...  Showing off his muscles!


PS- look how cheap gas was down there!!  

And don't think we didn't take advantage of gas under 2 bucks!!  : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea obama, look at those gas prices, no thanks to the bush administration.....but, now that the election is over it's time for the democrats ans republicans to put aside thier differences and make friends, to let the elected officials run our country. i'll come over and hug your elephant and you can come kiss my ass(donkey)......pumpkins look good and so do my grand kids....thanks .....gramps

Boroson's said...

Now it is $1.34