Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween with the boys

Halloween night was pretty fun.  Gage didn't experience much of it, and Zane experienced ALL of it!  : )

I was half-expecting Gage to not really get the whole trick-or-treat concept, (and he didn't- believe me!) but he wasn't happy about anything having to do with the whole night!  We dressed him up as our Lil' Devil (which Zane was calling a Double all night!).  He didn't really dig the costume, but boy did he ever act the part!  Granted, it was his bedtime, and I don't think he'd had much of a nap all day, but he was very whiney the whole time we were trick-or-treating.  After about a block, and after letting him walk up to a couple of doors, he'd had enough, so Karen took him back to her house to go to bed while the rest of us continued.

Here are me and my devil baby.


The funny thing about this picture is that I didn't even see Gage reaching into another kid's bucket for candy at the time!  It was only after I'd uploaded the pics onto my computer that I noticed it!  I cracked up!
 


Zane was my normal little rock star.  He dressed up as Mr. Incredible from the movie The Incredibles, and let me tell you, Zane was pretty incredible!  I don't think that kid stopped running during our whole trick-or-treat trek!  Even when his bucket got heavy, and I asked him if he'd like to dump the candy into the bag I'd brought along, he declined- saying that he was Mr. Increadible and super strong!  The funniest thing was that he had gotten a yo-yo in lieu of candy at one house, and he obsessed about that thing all night!  It was the first thing he went for after we got back and he'd dumped all of his candy out.  

Zane holding up his prized yo-yo...


I had told Daddy and Zane to smile for me... Zane's eyes are on the prize!  : )


I hope Gage will understand better next year, and that he has more fun.  And despite the fact that his night was cut short, me, Jody, and Zane still had a fun time trick-or-treating with everyone (and eating candy later- heehee), and look forward to it again next year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no-no, i am armadillo man. i do gotta know, what does the i stand for. never saw that super hero. remember when you kids were little how i wanted to be she-ra. wait , no, that was you allena. again love the pics, and love you all too....gramps