Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Zane's 4th Birthday Party!

Well, I don't advise it... in fact, I strongly advise against it, but we had Zane's 4th birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese's.  Oh yeah, it's a great place for kids to eat pizza and cake, get all hyper, run around and play games, but for parents, it's a nightmare!  Okay, so moving away from the stress that I went through, I am just going to blog about the birthday boy and the fun time he had at his party!

Let me start off by saying that Zane used to be petrified by the big rat (Chuck E.).  He would go to other kids' parties, and when he saw it, he would cry or hide.  (Or both.)  For some reason, that fear turned into absolute adoration.  When Chuck E. came out to wish all the little birthday kids a happy birthday, Zane's face lit up, and he kept yelling, "Hi Chuck E.!!  Over here, Chuck E.!!"  He even followed him around like the big rat's little entourage.  

So after Chuck E.'s appearance, it was time for cake and ice cream.  I got this lovely cupcake-cake (which is all the new rage by the way- if you don't know) that was decorated with a Cars theme- complete with a real, working Lightening McQueen.  Zane blew out all four of his candles, ate a cupcake, and then it was on to presents.

He got some wonderful gifts!  Books, toys, games, clothes, and we got him his first digital camera.  (Which he loves to take pictures with, and isn't a half-bad little photographer! Sometime, I will upload his pictures, and I will post a blog with Zane pics.  : )

So after all of that, the kids got to go and use up the last of their tokens and burn off some energy.  Zane even hit a jackpot of tickets (247) on a game!

Now here's the craziest part of the whole night:  a fight broke out at Chuck E. Cheese.  Yeah.  And I'm not talking about a little spat between some kids.  Nope.  Four grown men began to pummel each other.  I was holding Gage, and Jody and Zane had just come around the corner toward me after Zane hit that jackpot.  Suddenly, there was a crowd surge toward the door, and these fighting guys (who were taking off shirts and everything) were taken outside.  The managers locked up the doors to where no one could get in or out.  Someone said they had knives.  I don't understand it, but it was a little ridiculous, to say the least.  

Anyway, after all of that craziness, Zane cashed in his tickets for prizes.  He got a ball, a water-squirting dolphin, a big lollipop, and a fake snake.  Ah, the things that amuse 4 year olds!  I know he had a great time at his party, though, and next year, I am going to try to persuade him into a birthday party at our house!  Or, at least one that does not involve a giant pizza-eating rat... : )

Equipped with a cup of tokens, Zane is ready to play some games!


Gage was clapping- he was excited to be climbing on things!


Here's Zane blowing out his four candles...


He was very excited about how many tickets he won!  Here he is feeding them into the counter:


Enjoying his winnings after a great birthday!


Taking a picture of me taking a picture of him with his new camera!

1 comment:

Sara Strand said...

Holy crap, 4 years old!!! How old do I feel? LOL! :) I'm glad he had a great party- I wish we had stuff like that up here...